Federal Workers Comp
Being injured on the job is stressful. On top of the pain, you have the added worry of getting your federal workers comp benefits claim accepted. The quicker your injuries are treated and your claim is accepted, the better because you’ll avoid out-of-pocket expenses that you might have to fight to get reimbursed for later. The whole process can be quite daunting. Where do you even begin? By choosing us as your doctor.
We’re doctors that will treat your injuries and our consultants will help you get your federal workers comp claim accepted quickly so that you can access the full benefits you deserve.
We are knowledgeable in the proper procedures required by the Department of Labor’s (DOL) Office of Workers' Compensation Programs (OWCP). If you are a federal employee who is covered by the Federal Employees’ Compensation Act (FECA), we will help prepare and file your claim and answer all of your questions so that you understand everything.
The process can be complicated, and if any details are missed, your claim could be denied. There is no need to go it alone. Contact us today to arrange your free consultation with our claims experts.
Work Injury Compensation
Federal employees are not compensated through their state’s regular workers’ compensation programs. Instead, they receive their benefits through the Federal Employees' Compensation Act (FECA), which was established over a century ago (1916) to protect federal employees.
FECA covers civilian federal employees in all three branches of government: executive, legislative, and judicial. FECA also covers several other groups, including federal jurors and volunteers with some organizations such as the Peace Corps. If you are doing work indirectly for the federal government, but a private government contractor employs you, you are covered by your state’s workers’ compensation laws.
Some of the federal agencies covered by FECA are:
- Customs and Border Protection Agency (CBP)
- Department of Defense (DOD)
- Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP)
- Homeland Security (DHS)
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Social Security Administration (SSA)
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- United States Postal Service (USPS)
- Veterans Affairs (VA)
FECA covers all members of the American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE).
Workers’ Compensation Benefits
FECA offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
- All medical costs (no copays or cost-sharing with your private insurance company)
- Disability coverage of two-thirds of your regular wage, increasing to three-quarters if you have dependents
- In cases of traumatic injury, you can receive the amount of your full wage for the initial 45 days
- Costs of rehabilitation that assists in returning to work
- Benefits continue for the entire duration of your disability, even if you are disabled for the rest of your life
- Cash benefit for your survivors if your injury or illness results in death
Federal Workman’s Comp Doctors
Our doctors are injury experts, treating the wrists, hands, ankles, feet, back, neck, shoulders, or any other area of the body that has been hurt on the job. We specialize in the most up-to-date treatments, helping you on your road to recovery.
Our team of claims experts and medical professionals are here to help you get the benefits and the treatment you deserve. We are an OWCP-authorized medical provider. Contact us today for your free consultation.