Worker Compensation Laws
When you’re injured at work, you need to make sure you’re able to take full advantage of the laws that exist specifically for your protection. But if you’re in pain and worried about how you’re going to support yourself while you’re unable to work. That is when we can help you.
It’s difficult to do the necessary research on your own to get the full benefits that you’re entitled to. Our clinic provides free claims service to make sure you get what you need. We take away the stress surrounding your injury claim. You don’t have to worry about anything other than your recovery.
Our consultants have extensive experience with all matters pertaining to the Federal Employees’ Compensation Act (FECA) and the specific requirements of claims submission for the Department of Labor’s (DOL) Office of Workers' Compensation Programs (OWCP).
Whether you’re a postal worker with an injury from being on your feet all day and carrying heavy weight, an AFGE union member, or an employee with any other federal agency, we will take care of all the details involved in the preparation of your claim.
We will make sure you have the best chance of receiving the full benefits you deserve. We have a strong record of success. In addition to USPS employees and AFGE union members, we have successfully helped employees of:
- TSA - Transportation Security Administration
- VA - Veterans Affairs
- DOD - Department of Defense
- DHS - Department of Homeland Security
- ICE - Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- BOP - Federal Bureau of Prisons
- CBP - Customs and Border Protection Agency
- SSA - Social Security Administration
- IRS - Internal Revenue Service
FECA Laws Protect Federal Workers
FECA laws were established for the protection of federal workers more than a century ago. These laws exist to protect you against financial hardship that could result from losing the ability to provide for yourself and your family should you suffer an injury or illness while on the job.
FECA laws also guarantee that you have certain rights upon recovery. When (or if) you can return to work, your employer is required to treat you as if you had never been away, concerning all benefits that are based on the length of time you’ve been employed.
Under FECA, you are eligible for benefits covering all expenses related to your workplace injury, including:
- 75% of your pre-injury wage if you have dependents (two-thirds of your wage if you do not have any dependents)
- 100% of your wage for the first 45 days in some cases of traumatic injury
- Medical treatment costs, including supplies and transportation to receive care
- Rehabilitation services to help you return to work
- Your benefits last for the duration of your disability and benefits will be paid to your survivors if you do not recover
Our team of doctors provides the most current medical innovations for the treatment of your injury. Our claims experts will handle the paperwork for you while you focus on getting better. Contact us now to schedule an appointment.